This user hasn't shared any biographical information
Posted in Things I hear on June 7, 2013
From the mouth of a five year-old boy:
“I am not like the other kids. They all have ONE favourite colour. I have TWO favourite colours: blue and rainbow!”
Posted in Everyday on May 13, 2013
There was once a happy gathering…
Then a massacre happened!
The murder weapon was found at the scene:
The survivors gathered to celebrate life
Posted in Things I hear on April 15, 2013
Recently a 5 year old came to me with a splinter in his right pinky. He kept holding it out to me asking for a band-aid. Anyways, after convincing him to close his eyes, I was able to pull the splinter out, add a ban-aid, a kiss, and he was just like new… well, he just needed to make sure of one more thing first:
- Excuse, me?
- Is this my left hand? *holds out “injured” hand*
- No, that’s your right hand
- Phew! That’s good, because I am left handed
He then proceeded to tell me that we should have cupcakes to make his pinky feel better.
That’s one smart kid! 😉
Posted in Everyday on March 6, 2013
People keep telling me “you must be happy now that Chávez is dead” Actually, no.
Do not get me wrong, I am not sad that he’s gone. He was, in my view, a terrible human being. But he was a human being none the less. He had daughters and friends and other people who I’m sure genuinely loved him. There is a phrase that says “Every death has to be respected but not every death has to be mourned” and I agree.
It is thanks to him that I had to abandon the country that I called home, leave my family, my MOTHER behind and move to a completely different country, with a different culture, views, and weather at the age of 23. However, I do not resent him for this particular incident; granted, I miss my family, I haven’t been able to hold my new niece, or hug my grandmother but at least I see them through Skype. Canada has given me a great quality of life, a wonderful husband whom I love with all my heart, and my own business.
Then, what do I feel about his passing? I feel HOPE, hope that the country can start the healing process, hope that I won’t be afraid of bringing my kids one day. Hope that my mom is going to be safe, hope that my family will be able to get whatever they want at the grocery store. Hope for a better future…
Posted in Everyday on February 11, 2013
Due to my type of business, I get to talk with a lot of moms and sometimes I talk about something I’ve done. The response I always get is:
Once you have kids, you will NEVER do that again
I understand that it would be harder to do certain things like doing your own manicure, or sleeping 8 hours on any given night; however, the last one I got was after I mentioned what I was going to cook that night and that my husband would be happy because he would be able to take it for lunch next day. The mom laughed and said I would NEVER be able to make lunch for my husband once I had kids.
I must confess that these scary statements are great contraceptions. I’m just glad I don’t talk about my sex life! Although, *that* has to be possible since some moms have more than one kid 😉
Anyways, I want to ask all the moms out there: since you had kids, have you EVER been able to:
- Wake up at 7:00 am
- Do your own nails
- Blow dry your hair
- Go out for dinner with your spouse or a friend
- Give your spouse left over dinner for his lunch the following day
- Read a book
- Have a picnic
- Go for a walk
- Have a 10-minute phone conversation with a friend or family member
- Cook something that requires more than 10 minutes prep time
Posted in Everyday on September 12, 2012
Involvement in twitter and having to interact with people has made me realize that I am an extremely
weird particular person when it comes to food. What makes me think that? Let’s see:
- When I eat popcorn, I have a little bowl with me so I can eat the crunchy part and save the soft part for later
- I cut my stake in such a way that I always have a cube on my plate
- The last part I eat on my sandwiches is the middle. Hence, I always put the best part in the middle, this is why bagels seem useless for me
- Did you know that M&M, Smarties, and similar foods are tastier when you put the single colours in your mouth in even numbers? Yup, that way you have the same amount of awesome on each side of your mouth
- The more the edges in a brownie, the better. However, the best piece of a sponge cake is the edgeless one taken from the middle
- Desserts cannot have alcohol in them
- Chocolate and ice cream can only be enjoyed if there are no chunks or nuts in them, that way they can dissolve in your mouth without interference
- Raisin = Punishment
- I rather hot and savory than cold and sweet. Therefore, soup and chip trumps salad and dessert. This also makes it really tricky to snack during the day
- Hot brownie by itself = Heaven. Hot brownie with cold ice cream = Hell
- Cinnamon makes coffee tasty but ruins cooked fruit
- If it’s a dessert made with strawberry “flavour”, then yuck
- I eat a LOT and really fast, yet I never seem able to finish more than half a plate of pasta
- I could live off of soup
- Breakfast if my favourite meal of the day yet I never know what to make
- When I eat more than one flavour of ice cream, chocolate goes on the bottom and a fruit flavour (except strawberry) goes on the top
- I do not eat bright blue food, as in Smurf coloured food, not blue corn blue since I consider that to be purple
- I always eat whatever I don’t like first and my fav food last, that way I can have the best flavour last
- I start my pizza from the crust
- If I am eating at someone else’s house I will eat anything and everything they give me. This is the reason why I passed out once at a friend’s.
And now that everything is in a list form, I realize that I am ever more “particular” than I thought
Do you have any peculiarities when it comes to food/eating?