Archive for category Things I hear
From the mouth of a five year-old boy:
“I am not like the other kids. They all have ONE favourite colour. I have TWO favourite colours: blue and rainbow!”
Recently a 5 year old came to me with a splinter in his right pinky. He kept holding it out to me asking for a band-aid. Anyways, after convincing him to close his eyes, I was able to pull the splinter out, add a ban-aid, a kiss, and he was just like new… well, he just needed to make sure of one more thing first:
- Excuse, me?
- Is this my left hand? *holds out “injured” hand*
- No, that’s your right hand
- Phew! That’s good, because I am left handed
He then proceeded to tell me that we should have cupcakes to make his pinky feel better.
That’s one smart kid! 😉
You know? Working with children I get to hear a lot of stuff from children and moms alike so I decided to make a category dedicated to these gems. Here is one:
- Moooom, what did my brother say?
- He burped
- Are you sure? It sounded like he said something
- He’s just talented at burping.